Jury Award for Best Feature Film in Official Selection
- HOST directed by Rob Savage, for being able to adapt to the new situation we are
experiencing in order to invent online horror and create a very fresh and fun movie,
which makes you forget the pandemic situation that has generated it.
Audience Award for Best Feature Film in Official Selection
- JESUS SHOWS YOU THE WAY TO THE HIGHWAY, directed by Miguel Llansò.
Award of the Basque Scriptwriters Association to the best screenplay in the Official Selection
- BOY MEETS GUN directed by Joost van Hezik, for the successful way it uses to
balance the blackest comedy with the most emotional drama, composing a mosaic of
characters, who though being eccentric are deeply human.
Award of the Cineclub FAS to the most innovative director in the Official Selection
- JESUS SHOWS YOU THE WAY TO THE HIGHWAY, directed by Miguel Llansò, for its
use of various formats and aspect ratios, and the “spin” it gives to the voice dubbing
resource, which transforms it into a unique and innovative film, not only in the narrative
aspect but in the technical one as well.
Award for best feature film in Fantasy Panorama Section
- ZERO directed by Iñaki Sánchez Arrieta, for the way in which the director throws the
audience into a fantasy universe very much in the line of the old, but never forgotten,
The Twilight Zone.
- GALDER GAZTELU-URRUTIA
Jury Award for Best Short Film in Official Selection
- O.I. directed by N’cee Van Heerde, because starting from a very original plot, an
excellent direction, and some remarkable performances, it provides a sharp reflection
on the origin of ideas.
Jury Award for Best Basque Short Film in Official Selection
- MODA directed by Imanol Ortiz, for telling a story in which fear is represented in the
way people do anything in order to feel integrated, and, besides, recovering nudity,
which has been gradually lost by the genre over the years, in a formally very daring
Audience Award for Best Short Film in Official Selection
- “MALDITA” directed by Suso Imbernón and Juanjo Moscardó Rius
Jury Award for Best Short Film in Fantasy Panorama Section
- LA ÚLTIMA NAVIDAD DEL UNIVERSO directed by David Muñoz and Adrián Cardona,
for its wild tone, its love to the Mad-max saga, its ability to foresee how we will spend
next Christmas, and its amazing display of FX effects and make-up.